The Duke Center for Instructional Technology Showcase is a free one-day conference which celebrates creativity and innovation in using technology in education at Duke with presentations and demonstrations by Duke faculty and staff.
The 2011 Showcase took place Friday, April 29th at Perkins/Bostock Library.
This year’s sessions included presentations and discussions about:
- recent iPad grants and experiments
- using flexible publishing tools such as WordPress for teaching and learning
- e-readers, e-textbooks and e-publishing
- team-based and active-learning strategies
- student views on using technology for teaching
- teaching and learning in the 21st century
Attend the Showcase to:
- meet faculty colleagues in other disciplines
- get new ideas for your own teaching
- get questions about teaching and technology answered in informal sessions
- learn from other faculty at Duke about what works best to support student learning
- take advantage of a great teaching development opportunity at a convenient location and low cost (free!)
- come by for all or part of the day due to the “modular” schedule
- breakfast and lunch for pre-registered attendees!