Learning Innovation sponsors opportunities for Duke faculty to meet, discuss teaching and share ideas and best practices. We offer fellowships, classroom visits and more.
Contact us » To learn how to connect!
The Learning Innovation Faculty Fellows program provides semester- or year-long support and development for a group of faculty working together to incorporate new and innovative pedagogies into the curriculum of a program or department.
The Fellowship is open to groups of five or more full-time Duke faculty. Each faculty participant receives $500 per semester, and the group receives extensive consulting from our expert staff.
Visit a Classroom
The Visit a Classroom program provides Duke faculty with an opportunity to observe their colleagues teaching in their classrooms. Three faculty participants observe at least one class taught by each faculty member in the group to get ideas to enhance their own teaching and classroom experience.
Applications for the Visit a Classroom program are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. It is available to any Duke faculty member or instructor teaching during the current semester.
The Learning Innovation Showcase is a free one-day conference which celebrates creativity and innovation in teaching.
Attend the Showcase to:
- get new ideas for your own teaching
- get questions about teaching and technology answered in informal sessions
- learn from other faculty at Duke about what works best to support student learning
- take advantage of a great teaching development opportunity at a convenient location and low cost (free!)
- come by for all or part of the day due to the “modular” schedule
- enjoy breakfast and lunch available for pre-registered attendees!