Duke students, faculty and staff can learn how to harness the power of machine learning through a series of co-curricular offerings. Developed by the new +Data Science program at Duke, you can learn about machine learning online and at in-person workshops.
Start your machine learning education online
You can gain a foundational understanding of machine learning models in the new Introduction to Machine Learning Duke Coursera course. This short online course demonstrates how machine learning can solve complex problems, from medical diagnostics to text prediction. You will also have access to web-based coding exercises that use Python to build machine learning models. In addition, these exercises use TensorFlow, open source libraries used by many companies’ machine learning teams (e.g., Google, CocaCola, Uber). Duke students, faculty and staff have free access to this course through Coursera for Duke.
Continue learning at +Data Science workshops
Upon completion of the online modules, Duke students, faculty and staff can take a deeper dive at +Data Science in-person learning experiences. Duke faculty and graduate students will teach you how to apply machine learning to real-world problems. You can enroll in any of the workshops through +Data Science. Here are some of the upcoming in-person learning experiences.
- Neural Network Basics, October 2, 2018
- Introduction to TensorFlow, October 10, 2018
- Image Analysis with Deep Learning, October 11, 2018
- Deep Learning Image Analysis in Medicine, October 15, 2018
- TensorFlow for Deep Learning Analysis of Images, October 16, 2018
- Natural Language Processing with Neural Networks, October 18, 2018
- Machine Learning in Medicine Reading Group, October 22, 2018
- Neural Network Basics, October 22, 2018
- TensorFlow for Natural Language Processing with Neural Networks, October 25, 2018