Do you know Duke has a university-wide site license for lynda.com which is a online educational training library includes more than 116,005 videos in 2,550+ courses, with new titles added every week? Topics arrange from Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite, to video editing, from Business, documentaries computer programming, web design, to database design and more…
Duke students, faculty and staff can access to the entire lynda.com online training library anytime in their computer or via their mobile device.
Foundations of Teaching with Technology
If you want to learn how to use technology to enhance course design, lesson planning, presentations, in-class activities, assessments, and student achievement and engagement, I would recommend you check out the online course “Foundations of Teaching with Technology“. The entire course is 2h 30m total, each video is less than 5 mins.
- Including technology in your learning outcomes
- Applying Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles
- Finding and creating content and instructional materials
- Enhancing lectures and presentations with technology
- Getting students involved
- Facilitating in-class activities
- Assessing learning
- Teaching effectively online
Up and Running with Articulate Storyline 2
Those of you who take advantage of Duke OIT discount Articulate Storyline license to use the tool creating interactive online modules or evaluate the software before you plan to buy it, you might find the online course “Up and Running with Articulate Storyline 2″ helpful.
- What is Storyline?
- Understanding elearning
- Starting a new project from scratch or from PowerPoint
- Inserting new scenes and slides
- Adding images, animation, and characters
- Recording narration
- Inserting video
- Creating review questions