The transition from Blackboard to Sakai continues. June 30, 2012 will be the last day Blackboard will be available at Duke. A few important notes to keep in mind:
- Finals and grades for Spring 2012: Read our recent CIT blog post for tips on using the Sakai gradebook and exporting official grades to STORM. More information on exporting final grades is also available at the Sakai support site.
- Spring 2012 migration: The Sakai Team plans to migrate Blackboard Spring 2012 courses to Sakai by mid-May. This will be the final migration of any material out of Blackboard before it goes away.
- Summer courses: faculty planning on using Sakai this summer can create course sites and get started now.
- Fall 2012 courses: faculty can also create Fall 2012 course sites now – provided that the data is already available in STORM.
- Blackboard ORG sites: Though these sites were already migrated from Blackboard in early February, ORG site owners may want to revisit their old Bb ORG sites and check for any last minute content they’d like to manually migrate to Sakai. If you need help with this process, please contact CIT (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop by any Sakai Office Hours session.
- Workshops and Office Hours: The CIT May Workshop series includes several opportunities to learn Sakai – including a new workshop called ‘Bye Bye Blackboard‘ specifically created for those who want to focus on moving their content from Blackboard to Sakai. See our events section for a full list of Sakai events and workshops.