CIT is offering our annual series of workshops for faculty and GSIs, May 6-12, 2009. These are shifted a little later than usual, to allow us to include some workshops on the new Blackboard 8 system, after it’s upgraded on May 10.
Themes of our 20 workshops this year include:
- teaching and learning with visuals (PowerPoint, digital storytelling, VoiceThread),
- classroom techniques (using student groups, lecturing effectively, teaching in flexible classrooms),
- digital media projects (using Flip video cameras, intro to digital video and iMovie),
- library resources for research and teaching (in Public Policy, Political Science, Women’s Studies, and using images in academic work),
- Blackboard 8 and its tools (intro sessions for new users, Wimba Voice Tools, Bb 8 new features).
A lunch “technology buffet” will allow registrants to choose two of three short show-n-tell sessions focused on Web 2.0 tools, designed to give you a taste of what these tools are about (Twitter, flickr, blogs, online bookmark tools, YouTube….and more!)
There are still spaces available, so register now!
Registration and more information at http://cit.duke.edu/events/may2009.html.