Duke Learning Innovation contributes to Duke’s academic excellence by helping instructors explore and evaluate innovative ways to use technology and new pedagogies to meet their teaching goals. We do this in several ways, including:
- consulting with instructors to discuss and plan new teaching, learning and technology projects
- fostering communication and collaboration among instructors through programs like our Faculty Fellows
- providing funding and support to instructors who want to explore new teaching approaches or technologies
- experimenting with, and evaluating, new teaching technologies and teaching/learning approaches
- shaping and curating Duke’s learning technology ecosystem
- sharing our knowledge with the Duke community and beyond
- We believe teaching and technology are really about people and relationships and thus, support technologies, pedagogies and other practices that increase learning through better student engagement, collaboration and communication.
- We believe assessment and evaluation contribute to the improvement of teaching and learning.
- We support projects and proposals that align with Duke’s strategic initiatives and goals or will have a sustained or broader impact on the overall Duke community.
We support openness — both in sharing what we know and what we do, and by helping faculty share their knowledge, content and teaching practices with others.
Our current activities are shown on our Year in Progress page.